Parents can make a difference when it comes to
(though please don't miss the rest of the INCREDIBLE information in the full brochure)
To help keep your teen safe:
1. Begin talking together about alcohol.
2. Listen to your teen's concerns respectfully, and use positive parenting techniques.
3. Set clear no-alcohol use rules, and agree on appropriate consequences for breaking these rules.
4. Enforce consequences when rules are broken.
5. Discuss short-term and long-term risks of underage alcohol use.
6. Help your teen plan how to deal with social pressure to drink alcohol.
7. Keep track of where your teen is, and with whom.
8. Make sure your teen is in a supervised, alcohol-free environment.
9. Work with other parents and community leaders to make and enforce policies that keep alcohol away from underage youth.
10. Support the 21 Minimum Drinking Age law.
Use the button on the right to access an EXCELLENT brochure on the POWER OF PARENTS related to teenage drinking. This is available from MADD (Mother's Against Drunk Driving)
511 E. john Carpenter Freeway, Suite 700
Irving, Texas 75062
What style of parent are you?
Look in the brochure...its very interesting.